View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 10:16 AM   #11
MichaelV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qckslvr View Post
I have seen these and have been thinking about getting a set. The thing is my car is white. So these lights make my car look like it has two black eyes. I too did the 718 tail lights, but also installed the Toth rear spoiler.

Question did you have regular headlights or Litronics before? If you had the Lits to do you think these are brighter?

My headlights are in great shape, but the thought of having to replace one Litronic assembly scares the crap out of me LOL.
They make a clear(chrome) version as well. But I think the black matches better with the tail lights. I've seen a white car with the black ones but i can't find the pic. Heres a pic of the white with chrome headlights. And here's the link to those

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-Boxster-986-996-MK1-Chrome-LED-DRL-Projector-Headlights-set-or-pair-of-2/181086254028?hash=item2a2994f3cc:g:PJsAAOSwQIFbyQ3 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
Those headlights would look dope on an old Honda Civic with a fart can exhaust.
I can't believe they're still getting people to buy them.

They will be yellowed, peeling and failing electronically in a year or less.
Sorry that you wasted so much money on them because they are junk.
These are the gen 2 version and they are updated to not have any of those issues anymore and they also have a warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy583 View Post
While I think these headlights look better than the old style of the aftermarket lights, i'd still be worried about the quality. The older style had many issues of the LED's burning out with no way to replace them. I hope yours last a long time, but for $1000 i'll be sticking with these.
As I said above these are the gen 2 version which have had all those issues corrected and they also come with a warranty so there should be no worry. I've had them on my car for a month now without an issue.
MichaelV is offline   Reply With Quote