View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 12:25 PM   #5
PaulE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post
weird, my 3.2 with headers/987 airbox, 3.4 throttle body, softronic tune, and full exhaust put down 254rwhp on powertech's dyno. I'd expect a 3.6 to do better.
Those are great numbers you have. The throttle body, intake plenum and manifold on mine are still stock, as are the cams and I assume the compression ratio is stock or close to stock too. My headers have the cats so they are still a little restricted vs the catless race headers. Mike told me he hasn't seen much in HP gains with bigger throttle bodies and IPD plenums and in some cases he has seen HP decreases. Keith said he's seen an increase on his Boxster S with a larger throttle body and plenum but his is a race car with open exhaust and lots of internal engine modifications. They did 7 dyno pulls and everything was done in one day. The rebuilt engine only has a little over 2,000 miles on it and is still burning a little bit of oil which should stop soon. Maybe when the rings are fully seated it will make a little more, but I don't think I'll be investing in more dyno time to find out .
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote