View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 06:17 AM   #9
Lacostas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000 View Post
Repainting the front bumper is easy because it comes off, the fender will cost more since they will have to tape off the car. That said, blending black is easier than other colors. Prices will vary depending on your location and the quality of the shop.

I haven't seen clear coat failure on a 986 before, has yours been parked outside or in a garage? Have you waxed it regularly? Have you ever used a very strong pressure washer on it?

Thanks, yes ill remove the bumper and give it for painting, either way i wanted to clear the front radiators sometime

About the clearcoat issue, idk to be honest, the car was always in a garage, except some days spending in the Island sun with high temps.... But those clearcoat issues seem to have started from small bugs/rocks damaging the bumper and "breaking" the consistent coat - No ?

About the wax, im waxing it sometimes using the Porsche Classic hard wax (https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod131016/Porsche-Classic-Car-Care---Hard-Wax-250ml/) but not sure if its good..

About the pressure, im afraid that ive been using it a bit closer than i should
Lacostas is offline   Reply With Quote