View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 05:23 AM   #2
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWBOX2000 View Post
I just happened to come across Pedro's IMS push for his bearing yesterday. It was pretty informative. I am not an engineer so don't know what is true and not true. Seemed to make sense. He was talking about cars that sit more having more problems than cars that dont. Then he said when a car is sitting (engine not running) the bottom of the IMS bearing is sitting in oil. Over time this oil seeps through the seal and somehow ends up in the IMS where bad things start to occur. I got to thinking, if this is the case; why not store the cars with the oil a bit low so it is below the seal. Just get up to level when the spring comes? There is likely a reason and I am just curious why? What else is sitting in the oil at the storage level. Please advise.

Don't want to think about winter so early considering it just ended, just for future reference. Thanks.
The factory IMS bearing was designed to sit in oil, bad thing start to occur when the seal hardens and shrinks.

As for Pedro, he is counting on you thinking things seeming to make sense...………..