View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 03:19 AM   #14
bigmac_4000

I'm starting to panic, Took radio out now wont start

2002 porsche boxster. Put a brand new battery in it 3 days ago and drove it home from winter storage with zero problems. While in my driveway I decided to take out the aftermarket kenwood and amp setup the last person put in. This is the story.

First, as i pulled the deck out the wires were coming untaped. Nothing was done right. He cut the original harness so i'm blind as to what is what. But i can always work on finding diagrams online.

Once the deck was out I went to start the car to go buy more supplies and all that happens is the dash lights all come on. The fan works. BUT the windows will not go down and the hood trunk latches don't work. It's dead. After hours of searching and reading about this "radio immobolizer wire" i gave up and decided to take out the computer from under seat. (it was removed by a repair guy over winter) It came out really easily so i figured he just didnt put the two connectors in tight.

I re installed the computer and the car started perfectly. I turned car off. Bolted down the seat. Got in and BAM back to dead again. Now i'm out of ideas.

Please help.
Why did taking out the immobolizer and reinstalling it in 15 minutes or so matter
I never moved one stereo dash wire during this period to cause any problems.

It has to be something silly if it started once

I have pics of stereo wiring mess I can show people. If someone knows of the radio immobolizer wire colour and can tell me if it requires power or something please let me know.
bigmac_4000 is offline   Reply With Quote