View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 05:11 PM   #1
KRAM36
Need For Speed

Garage
Metallic grinding sound when braking.

Back in February 2017, I put new EBC Redstuff ceramic brake pads and Centric C-TEK drilled rotors on my car. I have always had a metallic grinding sound when braking since I installed them.

When I put them on I did not install the front brake pad dampening plates or the rear brake pad shims, nor where there any on the the car when I took out the old brake pads and rotors, the rotors actually looked like factory installed rotors and only the pads had been changed on the car as the lip on the rotor was starting to cut into the break wear indicator. Could not using the dampening plates and shims be the reason for the metallic grinding sound when braking or is it the pad/rotor combination I put on the car?

Right now my rotors and pads look great. The rotors look like no wear has been put on them, no edge on the rotor at all and the pads are still pretty thick. I've only put around 5,700 miles on the car since I put on the pads and rotors on.

I have just put up with the sound as the car stops excellent, but it's starting to wear on me to the point I want to address it. What do you all think I need to do to address this?

Thanks!