View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 05:12 PM   #1
Peer

Immobilizer removal..?

Has anyone here done an immobilizer removal..?

A while back my immobilizer got "a bit" wet and later started to act up, first intermittently, but now permanently -- i.e., it now won't start at all.

So today I checked out the immobilizer's circuitboard to see how badly it looked -- and I'm frankly surprised that the car started once in a while after such a severe corrosion damage (see pic below).

Anyhow, since I've been without my P-car for quite some time, I'm at this point happy to give up any "luxury" features, like my alarm, central lock, motorized windows, etc., as long as this silly thing will start!!

An important caveat here; a few years ago I did a 996 Carrera engine swap, so it's very important that this immobilizer fix/removal communicates with this particular engine.

Yes, I've been in contact with the ECU-Doctors in Florida, but they never really answer my questions & concerns -- e.g., if the car will pass smog-check in CA (since their immobilizer removal is "only for racing") or even if it will work for a 986 with a 996 engine -- instead they insist to send me work-orders:
https://www.ecudoctors.com/porsche-boxster-ecu-immobilizer-removal.html

Hence, any help appreciated.

-- peer
Peer is offline   Reply With Quote