View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 06:41 PM   #1
Barryng

PCM Bluetooth Pairing Question

Is it possible to have one iPhone in the cell phone compartment hard wired to the USB port for Apple Car Play, and a second iPhone connected via Bluetooth for just hands free telephone use?

I already found an unused iPhone 7 works great for Apple Car play but received an error message when I then tried to simultaneously Bluetooth pair my everyday iPhone XS even though the menu showed two phones could be paired. Since I have only had my 2019 Boxster for less than a week, I am thinking I might be missing something.

My goal is to take an unused iPhone 7, put it on my family plan for only $10/month, and just permanently leave it connected in the cell phone compartment. Unfortunately, this phone will have a new number and I still need to depend on receiving calls on my iPhone XS with my twenty year old number. My iPhone XS works fine in the cell phone compartment but I have a significant issue due to back problems twisting around to plug it in every time I get in the car. Just leaving a phone in the cell phone compartment permanently seems like an elegant solution for Apple Car Play but I still need telephone connectivity using the iPhone XS that gets carried in my pocket.
Barryng is offline   Reply With Quote