Thread: Noise from rear
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 05:05 AM   #6
DWBOX2000

Thanks guys. I will memorize the list below.

Now the noise. It's strange because it occurs when the car is cold (first get going in the morning). To make sure I wasn't nuts, when I got home last night I turned around and went my morning route. No noise. Maybe there, just not as prevalent. Now my mechanics are Porsche indies (ex dealership guys, owner was head mechanic). From my two previous visits for the noise, wouldn't they be able to check all the stuff below? They said other than a little wear, nothing wrong with the suspension. 1st time in they tightened and lubed sway bar bushings (i believe). Second time they did something else.

I did notice the heat shield on the right side is not fully attached.

Funny, the plastic tray in the console was vibrating at certain RPMS so I pulled it and wrapped in insulation tap and reinstalled two days ago. Vibration gone, Snug as a bug...
Going into my garage last night (next day) my clutch was suddenly squeaking when engaged. Old cars. Guess I'll be lubing that this weekend.

Anyone have any cheap ideas for sound insulation? Not as a fix to my 1st problem but just to help eliminate some of the regular road sound. I'm getting softer as I get older. Use to tear all the weight out, now I am adding by the day.
DWBOX2000 is offline   Reply With Quote