View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 08:00 AM   #27
BYprodriver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by violametallic-S- View Post
It’s been 5 years since my motor failed on my 2001 Boxster S and it’s been 4 years since I got a serious concussion which made me just leave the Porsche in my garage untouched. It was a bad concussion which I’m still dealing with many of the symptoms every day. So I haven’t had the motivation to engine shop, let alone even think about my car.

But recently I have been thinking how much joy driving it used to give me. Even though I can’t drive it like it should, because driving makes me still pretty nauseous, I still enjoy idea of it starting up.

So long story short, a long time ago I noticed mud in my coolant resivour. Brought it to my mechanic and he took the motor out and apart. Cracked cylinder was the problem. Around that time I got my concussion and was in no shape to take on this problem. So towed it to my house and left it in the garage ever since.

Where do I start now? I want it running already. But I don’t want to put the same 3.2 engine back in. Since it’s out and apart. I want to put something special in. I’m sure this topic has been beaten to death. But I want the best bang for my buck when I’m looking for a “new” engine. I want to do it right. Not that money isn’t an issue, but I want to put the best engine I can in there.

What is the number one option here? Used 3.6 and beef it up with bolt on performance parts? I hope to have a set up that has minimum 400hp. I want to start shopping and getting an idea as to what needs to be done.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you.

I have a rebuilt 2001 engine with LN billet 3.6 sleeves that will replace your original engine without any modifications. It's a duplicate of what I have had in my Box S since 2010. I will sell it for $15,000.