View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 08:27 PM   #11
KRAM36
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsceash View Post
I was able to buy the hub extractor bracket by itself online. I used it with a harbor freight wheel bearing kit. 1/2 the price of the Master kit. changed the bearings on all 4 wheel in an afternoon.
The SIR B90 Master kit actually got into my hands at a much lower price then normal. I might not have bought it if I didn't get it at the price I did. I thought about trying what you did, but wasn't sure how well it would work out and I found this deal on the SIR B90 Master kit and it was a no-brainer to go that route IMO.

However I won't be able to get the price I paid again and would have to figure the normal cost replacement if I rented it out. The Harbor Freight kit is $137.90 with shipping and tax and the hub grappler is $159.97. So that's a total of $297.87 for kits of lower quality then the SIR B90.

So if I rented it out I could gain back extra cost after about 3 rentals. Or I could sell it and possibly break even, but I would rather hang onto it though.