Thread: AOS Frustration
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 05:28 PM   #19
neumaiek
North Idaho VSO

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to neumaiek
Smile

Success!! I cleaned the fitting with WD40 and banged on it a little to losen any crap that accumulated over the years. Then got a pliers on the squeeze clamp and managed my other hand to get on the tube and press and wiggle outward. After a bit it slowly disengaged. YAY! No damage.

I was actually contemplating having to replace the whole breather tube and after looking at the schematics on the parts sheets on ********************************************.com decided that the Boxster design would allow for a not to bad replacement of the breather hose as I could get to all of it. But luckily not the case.

Next the bolts and removal (I am expecting to just yank it and take out the bottom of the bellows and clamp like a Neanderthal). Hopefully the installation is as advertised. Then it is on to cleaning out the intake and throttle body.

Thank you all for the great ideas as they did all make a difference. One thing though.. that remote spring clamp tool goes for >$20 at WalMart and other places want $140+. Good thing I don't need it!
2011 Range Rover Lux
neumaiek is offline   Reply With Quote