Thread: Thanks Trump
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 11:59 AM   #22
maytag
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
We're living off the federal tax system? Oh really.

What part of we don't get back to our state what we contributed federally is lost on you? Let me get this straight... Your state received no federal subsidies? Sure it didn't. You pay taxes on healthcare benefits and never deducted mortgage interest? Or do you only call out the deductions that you don't personally profit from?

our state taxes are high because we produce high earning workers who contribute an outsized share of federal tax revenue that benefits half the states that pay NOTHING to fund our militaries, off budget war spending, federal college programs, Medicare and all the other must-pays (Mitt Romney was right about the 47% too bad he was talking about half his party's base).
Perfectlap, (auto correct just tried to make that into "Pelosi", which seems apropos), I think you're pushing the bounds of rational conversation now. I'm not sure you've got a firm understanding of federal taxes, and you're subsidizing the voids in your understanding with talking points from the Bernie Sanders camp.

Whatever the source, you're getting pretty worked-up over this, and it might pay to step back from the keyboard for a moment.

Just a suggestion.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote