Thread: Thanks Trump
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 12:19 AM   #10
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
If your state tax is too high, don't live in a high tax state. The rest of us were picking up your states slack by paying a higher federal tax...

it blows me away that you would complain about having to pay less federal tax.
Maybe you should talk to an accountant..

If we go to a restaurant and pay for $150 worth of food but the waiter sends $75 of that food to other tables that only paid $75 how are they paying for our table's food again?

See the chart below...and keep scrolling all the way down to #48 out of 50. No one in your state was paying for NJ...

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/

P.s.
If my after tax pay checks were bigger from the prior year once our payroll department adjusted to the new witholding tables, like so many millions of people, I hardly noticed. And whether I get an extra bit each week or all of it at the end of the year, or owe a bit makes no difference if my effective rate went up sharply from losing significant portion of my deductions. Not sure why you think everyone saw a tax reduction when no such claim was made by anyone in the Trump administration. Well unless they were talking about the ultra rich who got permanent tax cuts while us peasants have no such certainty.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 04-14-2019 at 04:19 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote