View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 01:08 PM   #41
KRAM36
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post
Cool, no biggie.

Now as to your coolant temps, i cant offer any explanation why plugs would cause this temp decrease.
I'm still thinking the NGK plugs are sparking at a more optimal time with a higher intensity spark. Which gives a more complete burn and allows the combustion to escape through the exhaust valve at the right time.

The Bosch plugs seem to have a bit of latency in their sparking. With the engine rpm at 3,000 just a tiny bit of latency could throw off the combustion cycle. The ECU it telling the spark plug to spark at a certain time and if there is a tiny lag in that spark time, less burn would occur before the exhaust valve opens, trapping some of the yet combusted fuel in the cylinder. Not a whole lot, but enough to make the engine run just a bit warmer.

The car does feel like the engine is running smoother....call it placebo, but as I have said this is my DD, it's the only vehicle I have owned since 2013. So I believe I can tell the difference.