View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 08:05 AM   #30
Quadcammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAM36 View Post
There is no such thing as a lean code on these cars, where did you come up with that one? You will need special equipment and sensors at a tune shop with a dyno to determine your AFR and adjust the ECU accordingly.

You can get tunes for these cars that ignore O2 sensors readings to the point where you can remove your O2 sensors from the car completely. Most guys that race their Boxters will put on headers and run without cats, block off the O2 ports (if any) in the exhaust and tie down the O2 sensor to an area of the car to keep it out of the way. Street guys that don't want to have a nagging CEL from the O2 sensor removal will get the tune to ignore the O2 sensors.

I never said my car was running rich, I said it eats a lot of gas. There is zero issue with my intake system setup that would cause the MAF not to read the air flow properly. My intake system still has the original MAF housing and the correct MAF for the diameter of the MAF housing. I know a lot about how the modern fuel injection system works on the Boxster, I've been studying it since December 2014, before I made any changes to my intake, to make sure I did everything properly.
What the hell are you talking about. A simple wideband 02 in the exhaust can tell you your a/f ratio with excellent accuracy. Tunes can be done with obd flash tools if you see fit, but are hardly worth it for mostly stock cars. What that has to do with the price of tea in china, i'm not sure.

You realize, I hope, that these cars have FOUR 02 sensors. The front, i.e. pre-cat, 02 sensors are the ones that report the a/f ratio. Removing these is asinine and would remove an important element of how the car runs at part throttle. I'm 100% sure that racers remove their REAR 02 sensors, but again, that has nothing to do with a/f, so who cares about those.

My car is basically identical in its intake setup to yours, but mine has a 996 intake manifold, and my car gets excellent gas mileage so it seems you have an issue.

P1128/1130 are lean codes....so.....

Please stop, you just make yourself look silly.
Quadcammer is offline   Reply With Quote