View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 06:28 AM   #26
KRAM36
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
What would be those variables? Were those variables not existent before the plug swap? You're suggesting that absent any other anecdotal evidence (of which there is none... he changed his plugs, nothing else) that the ~4 degrees spontaneously happened and had absolutely zero to do with it?

I'm interested in your response, and anyone else who suggests a placebo is in effect. I'd like this to make sense for me. Thank you.
Exactly and it wasn't just on one certain day. It's been every drive since the plug change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
Hey there, friend: you can call me stupid all ya like.... but YOU are the one making a fool of yourself here.

The ecu doesn't HAVE to control "the intensity", as you call it. All the ecu has to do is measure (with the o2 sensor) how close to stoichiometry the burn is, and then adjust from there, as necessary.

You're sure arguing a lot, for a guy who doesn't understand the subject matter
Hey there buddy, I didn't call you stupid, I said your statement was very stupid and it was.

If the ECU isn't getting a proper/full burn reading from the O2 sensors the ECU may attempt to fix the issue with a air to fuel ratio adjustment, however there is only so much the ECU is going to step in on this as the ECU will override the O2 readings with the Mass Air Flow Meter readings and decide to give you a code for a bad cat(s). What do you guess my ECU is thinking about my O2 sensor readings, when I have 200 cell cats in my headers and no secondary cats (although the secondary cats have no O2 sensor after them)? Oh and when I put the new headers on, I also put all new Bosch O2 sensors on the car. The proper O2 sensors, not those kits where you splice in a new O2 sensor. Apparently the cat efficiency isn't bad enough to throw a CEL, but my Durametric will tell me the cat efficiency is below normal. However I did clear all codes from the car yesterday to see if I'm still getting the cat below efficiency warning again. Did you read the part of my post where I said my car eats a lot of gas? Actually, she is quiet a pig when it comes to fuel. The ECU is not attempting to cut the fuel on my car, which is a good thing for this engine as running them lean will kill them quickly, especially with the intake mods I have made, the car gets a lot more air in the intake now.