View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 04:06 AM   #36
Nevergrowup

OK, here's my update in the looks department for the 2019 season. I decided to move forward with the black and gold theme, and although I know Porsche never had a sponsorship with John Player Special, I think the old, iconic livery is so cool I thought I'd go for an attempt.

I found some JPS logo stickers on ebay, and even if they were smaller than I'd hoped for I started planning my homage. I found some matte black vinyl and gold pinstriping on ebay as well, and spent many nights planning it out in my head.

And I think it came out pretty good. Since the pictures were taken, I have fixed the clashing Martini stripes on the licence plate holders, and I'll get to refurbing the wheel bolts as well.

I think it matches the interior pretty well too.

Many S owners get their panties in a bunch when you paint the calipers red (as I had), I thought why not go back to black, and found some gold Brembo stickers to finish it off.

I had many iterations in my head before I went for this. Split the stripe and put the logos in the middle. Hand cut with a ruler and a scalpel. Not perfect but good enough.

And of course the same at the rear:

Not everybody likes him, but think Magnus Walker is a cool dude. Here's his autograph from when he visited Norway last fall:

Nevergrowup is offline   Reply With Quote