View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 10:47 AM   #3
maytag
Who's askin'?

resurrecting an old thread, ope some of y'all can help me for a moment?

I want to be sure I understand the cooling-fan system correctly, before I go chasing its' demons.

IIUC: there are TWO fans, one on each side, which run at TWO Speeds, depending on which relay has triggered them, right? So if my low-speed fan function is not working, that makes NO difference, once the Hi-Speed is triggered, right?

Using the durametric, I've triggered the low-speed fans, and neither side runs. I can feel both relays moving, but to be sure, I swapped with known-to-be-good relays; no change. When I trigger the Hi-Speed fans, both run.

So: if I've correctly understood the other posts about this, that means I've got bad resistors on BOTH fans? is that common, for both to fail? Or does this sound like a common-point-of-connection has failed?

Where are the resistors located, physically? Do I need to pull the bumper-cover to get to them?

It's also my intent to wire-in a switch to run the fans manually, for hot days at the racetrack. How have y'all done this (those who have): Have you tagged into the wires at the relay?
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote