View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 03:25 PM   #1
Steelepuls

Garage
Battery light on, dead battery

On the way home last Friday, battery light came on, while on the way to my friends house. I told him of my light and he gave me a voltmeter to test the battery while engine was running. Only 11.00 VDC. He said go home right away and don't stop for anything, even gas. I got home safely, but had to prepare for a weekend trip to visit colleges for my daughter. Came back sunday and the battery was completely dead and the frunk switch did nothing at all. I figured I drained the battery on the way home. I connected my Porsche Charge-o-Mat Battery tender through the cigarette lighter port and what do you know, about 5 minutes later I was able to open the frunk and trunk. Once I got the frunk opened, I connected my heavy duty charger/starter to the battery and put the top into service mode.

Turned out to be a bad Voltage regulator, replaced that and also the serpentine belt.
Not to bad of a job. I pounded on the tensioner bolt for about half an hour and finally got it loose. The rest of the job was easy.
Steelepuls is offline   Reply With Quote