View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 11:29 AM   #16
tonythetiger
Will there be cake?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by azlvr View Post
Just run some granular Tide laundry detergent thru it several times till clean and it will be fine. Mine has been running for 25k since repairing with no problems and good cooling. The cracked head is another thing. It was a good learning experience and took the opportunity to replace some wear items while out but wish I had done a few more.
Hoffman machine said cracked head was due to core shift. Just a little more aluminum would have eliminated the problems. Thanks Porsche
Hoffman repaired your heads? I considered that route and noodled that I still had an old engine with old rods, pistons, etc. and decided I would ditch the car. The second one was presented to me with intermix and I parted it.
It all worked out for you, huh? Nice, Len was really cool and talked to me about options.

BTW, agreed, laundry detergents, and massive flushing...takes several days but you can make a weekend of it.

Pizzafan, here is a resource for what likely went wrong...you can review hoffman automotive machine, do the google and flat6innovations website as well for some good info.
tonythetiger is offline   Reply With Quote