View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 07:02 AM   #20
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fab
Ohioboxster, are you sure?
I thought P1117 code refers to the Precatalyst oxgen sensor. This infomation is from Bentley Service Manual.

MNBoxster you must like to type alot, unless you like using copy/paste.
thanks for the lenghty email but what you wrote how does that answer my question.

?-
How can you tell out of the which sensor needs to be replaced?
Hi,

You have a 2.7 e-gas Boxster while OHBoxster has the 2.5 non-e-gas model. Different code definitions for each.

But, a Bad OČ sensor can throw one of many codes, usually all related to AF Mix, ECU, or actual OČ sensor.

If you read my reply, and if your Boxster has 30k+ mi. on it, you'd see that you need to replace all the sensors, not just the one which is showing itself to be faulty at present. These have a Service Interval which is mileage dependent (30k mi. according to Robert Bosch, AG), just like your Oil & Filter, and they all have been in service the same amount of time/#miles .

You should replace them all at once. Not doing so may lead to no improvement in performance/range/emissions (you might not even feel a difference, but the DME may not be selecting the optimal Maps for your car/gas/driving conditions). And, you'll most likely be starting down a path where the other three require attention in short order...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote