View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 03:22 AM   #1
MAXF1net

Garage
Very tall man wants 986 Boxster

Hi guys,

I'm Darjan from Zagreb (Croatia) and I want to buy a mid-engined car for the price up to 10k euros and two obvious choices were Toyota MR2 and Porsche Boxster. As I struggled to find a Boxster which is in that price category, I thought I will have to buy MR2, but then a 10k Boxster from 1999 with 67k miles appeared and I went to see it.

Unfortunately, I found out that cockpit is too small for me (Height - 203 cm or 6'8 and 87 kg) despite being able to fit in thanks to my flexibility, but the steering wheel sits between my legs and prevents me from driving normaly.

I'm not wiling to give up so I explored the possiblities - it seems that I can do two things:

1) Buy a more thin racing seat to position myself a little bit more backwards (in that case I don't need seat rails because I will always be as far back as possible). That will also lower me a little bit which is useful for headroom and center of gravity.

I planned to buy Recaro Furious 7.0 (around 600 euros) - Do you think I will gain some space with it or do you suggest some other seat?

2) Buy a smaller diameter steering wheel like Sparco F-10A (270mm diameter) or Sparco F310 (310 mm diameter).

I'm not sure whill these steering wheels fit when I remove factory steering wheel. If not, what can be done or which steering wheel could I use instead? I accept that I will lose airbags.

I'm looking for your advices and feedback because I would really like to buy a Boxster as it is a perfect car for my project. I'm very enthusiastic about it and I would like to share it with you, but it makes no sense before I can ensure that I can fit into the car. But I'm an optimistic person so I already ordered the book '101 Projects For Your Porsche Boxster'

Best regards,

Darjan Petric
MAXF1net is offline   Reply With Quote