View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 09:46 AM   #4839
Jgkram

I think I forgot Dave's original question, sorry Dave. They are Top Speed pipes. I very much liked the quality of them (good welds, nice clamps, and fit almost perfectly). Ciao, I have not tested the emissions but no CEL thrown. I live in NC so emissions is not as big apparently out here as in CA. Not due for an inspection until next January but will do a follow up here then. I wrapped the exhaust because if you look at where the pipes are routed, they are very close to the axle boots. I wanted some protection for them as well as heat transfer to the rest of the engine. It would be nice to be able to attach a heat shield like the original pipes but that is beyond my skill level. The wrapping took a couple of attempts for sure. Part of it is skill from wrapping miles of bike handle bars and the rest is patience. I did cover with a high temp exhaust paint as well to help keep the wrap fibers in check and provide a little "environmental" (i.e. water) resistance. I purchased two, 2" wide 15 ft. long Lava wraps from Summit Racing for a total of $35. I used stainless steel hose type clamps to secure.
Jgkram is offline   Reply With Quote