View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 08:31 AM   #1
Adrian Thompson

Carpet and interior replaced. Manual mode not working on Auto and mystery connector

So, per various other Q's I've had, I've now got my 99 auto back together after having the complete intirior (not dash) out after it filled up with water due to blocked drains. It was so bad that the doors were cycleing lock/unlock several times a second and there was a buzzing coming from the speakers. Everythign has been dried out now and put back together. But I still have some issues.

First I now have an airbag warning light. I was aware of the risk of that if you turned on the ignition with the seat modules unplugged it could trigger, even though this car is old enough not to have seat airbags. I was really careful, but I forgot when I needed to open the roof. I think the only way out of this is to go to the dealer to clear it correct. Major bummer with as I"ve just been downsized for the first time in 30 years and I don't want to spend money on something like that until I get a new job.

Next is a spare connector under the passenger (right hand) seat. I can't find where it goes and I'm sure it was connected to something in November when I took it apart.