View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 08:20 AM   #4837
Ciao

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgkram View Post
Dave, that's a great question. As an engineer I was trained to ALWAYS speak with data. Any comment I offer now needs to be taken with a grain of salt. I deleted the cats primarily for weight loss. It's the best approach to achieve performance gains. I'm a cyclist as well and strength to weight ratio is everything. These engines are well tuned from the factory so "modifying" more horsepower into them without a tune or significant engine work, well...just doesn't work well. Ergo, lose some weight.

So to finally answer your question, there are three things that I "noticed". First, the sound is definitely different. Not significant but subtle, as in deeper. Not sure why that would be??? Second, it "seems" to be a little quicker. Take this comment with caution as I could be simple mashing the pedal a little harder or my mind is probably playing tricks. Lastly, there is MUCH more room underneath the car to get the things. It was amazing how much room it opened up. Those are my thoughts for now.
I agree with that these P cars are engineered almost perfect from the factory and making them fast is cheaper and more effectively done by dropping weight.
Questions: 1. Do you have issues with passing emissions from dropping the Cats? (2) what was the purpose of wrapping the exhaust and what wrapping used?