View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 07:23 AM   #3
The Radium King

well, ever since elon borrowed my wind tunnel for something or other (space force? space x? can't remember) i've had to do what every other non-factory racer does with aero - copy, experiment, monitor track times.

so, aero for me is higher trim level front bumper cover and skirts (use factory aero design) and a rear spoiler. since my z-top gives me a very cayman roofline, probably just copy the factory again with a joe toth ducktail and a gt4 rear wing. add a gt3 front splitter and something for the rear - diffuser to manage airflow under the car and some vents to address the drag chute that is the rear bumper cover.

however, i can avoid all that by keeping btm aero and going to wider, stickier tires. not sure i agree with aero being more important on high speed tracks; aero can add drag when downforce is not needed (ie, fast straights) and, while our local track is slow-ish and technical, tt guys are taking off seconds with good aero. but i still am thinking tires first; see how i do in st3 and add aero/hp/ lightness in a few years and move to st2 - keeps the $ inputs incremental.

Last edited by The Radium King; 03-22-2019 at 07:26 AM. Reason: added hp!
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote