View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 08:21 AM   #5
BoxsterQc

My vibration was a real nightmare for 6 months.

My back tires was finished so I decided in the spring to get 2 Pzero. I got them installed and balanced on GForce machine. Since day number one I had a slight vibration around 75-80 mph. I went back for rebalancing and they were able to reduce the variation by repositionning the tires on rims.
Drove it for a month a nothing changed ...vibration was still there, since I thought that the tire have to be worn a bit a decided to be patient.
Decide to bring it to Porsche dealer, redid the balancing on GForce and still the vibration was there. The dealer decided to have a close look to all running mechanical pieces ( brake rotor, driveshaft etc....) nothing wrong found. I drove it another month and took it back to dealer and complained. They redid the balancing of the four wheels and they suggested to have the mags checked in a specialized place.
Had the 4 tires removed for mags and mags checked. No problem found despite the fact that I had to pay $$$$.
Went back to dealer and gave him the results of the mags inspection. At this point the vibration was a real headeach to the point that I stopped driving the car.
One evening while I was watching TV I decided to jack the car and invert the wheels position from left to side for the back and front tires.
Took it for a ride and TADAMMMMMMMMMMMM no vibration anymore, a real miracle with no explanations. I took the car to 130mph and it drives like a charm .....
Went back to the dealer seeking explanations and they gave the bull****************t lines about the fact that the car is built in a way that if you change wheels positions from original it may affect the handling and that probably the guy who installed the tires didn't respect the right positions bla, bla,bla......

Until today it's a real mystery but it's driving incredible nice and that's what it count.
BoxsterQc is offline   Reply With Quote