View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 07:13 AM   #1
Adrian Thompson

Wet drivers footwell, not sure it's the AC drain

Hi folks. Last fall the drivers footwell got so full of water I was having electrical issues. Once I got the seats and carpet out I had nearly an inch of water in there. From here and other places I thought/assumed it was the AC drain had become blocked.

Well, winter happened, I was doing other things and didn't finish it. I was also having someone sew in a new leather panel to my drivers seat bolster.

Well jump forward to now and a) spring is fast approaching and I want my car back and b) I'm being downsized out of a job for the first time in nearly 30 years so I have to return my company cars by the end of the month so I need to get the car back on the road.

So, self pitying aside I'm out in the garage. I find the AC drain line in the passenger footwell. I pull it off and can easily blow through it and out the bottom of the car. It's certainly not blocked. I can also poke back up into the heater box so it's not blocked that side either.

So. Two questions. First, if the drain in on the right, how is water supposed to drain into the drivers (left) footwell? Second, and more important, do you have any other ideas where the water is coming in? Search has failed me.

Off back to the cold garage to work on re-fitting the seat cover, I hope that when I come back in for my next cup of coffee you geniuses have some suggestions for me.

Below are a couple of pics of the heater and hose, just to make sure I'm working on the right thing.

Thanks all

[IMG][/IMG]