View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 06:21 AM   #29
paulofto
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanR View Post
I wonder why the IMS Guardian never took off? That would seem like a decent middle ground. Give you some peace of mind but without having to do any immediate expensive upgrade. Can't find one for sale anywhere.
I posted this in another thread a couple of weeks ago.

"Just to throw a wrench into the mix, I owned 2 LN IMS Guardians. Not only did both leak (yes they were torqued to 19 ft/lbs per instructions) but both failed where the electrical wires enter the Guardian. Without proper stress relief they simply worked their way into fraying and becoming useless. I thought the first fail was a freak thing and ordered a replacement but it too leaked and failed in the exact same way. Neither lasted a full driving season.These units are a great idea but poor execution doomed them. So I'm 2 for 2 with LN drain plugs/Guardians. So far my LN IMS bearing is fine, I hope, after putting ~15,000 miles on it."

BTW, my wife and I spent 3 weeks in your beautiful country last May. We loved it. You should have great miles and smiles in your Boxster on those amazing back roads!
paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote