View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 06:25 AM   #3
Racer Boy
Racer Boy

Doom doom DOOM! Here is my story - I have a 150K mile 2002 2.7 that I bought for $4500. At my first track day, I found that it smoked like the Blue Angels at an airshow in left hand turns. Eventually I figured out what was wrong (the passenger side oil scavenging pump had been removed to fix an oil leak, and had been indexed incorrectly when it was re-installed), and since then I've done six or seven track days with no issues whatsoever.

While trying to fix the smoking problem, I did put a sump spacer and baffle in, but that ended up not being the root cause of the issue. Otherwise the car is stock, no extra radiators or any of that stuff. For four of those tracks days, I had the original IMS bearing in, but it was updated with a LN bearing when I replaced my clutch.

I'm fairly hard on the car, as I have real racing experience, and am usually one of the fastest cars in my group (not necessarily down the straights, though ). Other than trying to find brake pads that work well, it's been a bullet-proof car. If it blows up, I'll probably just get a junkyard engine.

Drive more, worry less.
Racer Boy is offline   Reply With Quote