View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 01:33 PM   #2
PaulE

Sorry for your loss, I had my IMSB fail in my '03 S last July and hope to have my car back with a rebuilt engine this week. Mine was caught early enough that the whole engine wasn't wrecked and it was rebuildable. I decided to have mine rebuilt and also decided to go with LN Nickies and increase my displacement to 3.6 liters, which was the bulk of what took so long. For a 3.2 engine, you need one from an '03 or '04. 2002 and earlier 3.2 engines are 5 chain and won't work in your car. (By won't work, I mean the earlier cars have a different tune, variocam and wiring. Nothing is impossible but it would be very impractical.) You could also use a 3.6 from a 2002 or later 996, but there are some fuel injection system, wiring and other modifications that would have to be done and you would need a tune. The 3.4's may also require some modification or at least a tune. Used engines are a bit of a crapshoot, I would look into the warranty and see what's covered. The warranty probably doesn't cover installation labor or return freight. But what do you need to document to make sure the warranty is in effect? Does the installation have to be done by a qualified shop and what does the shop need to do to make sure your warranty is valid?
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote