View Single Post
Old 05-14-2004, 04:45 PM   #11
Pilot2519j

Quote:
Originally posted by Lartymarf
Pilot,

Cool! Good to see you drive the car!

How many miles do you log on the car per year?
I got my M3 in March 2003, and to this day, 1 year and 2 and a half months later, I have 23k on the odo. At the rate I'm driving, if I get a Boxster, will the value DROP fast if I put a lot of miles on it?

I test drove the Boxster S about a month ago and was VERY impressed with the engineering of the Boxster. I stepped back into the M3, and although it has more HP and is blindingly fast, it felt too civilized... maybe I just havent found my soulmatecar yet.

Tks,
Jimmy
I'm positive that the 18" carrera wheels are standard in the 2003 Boxster S. I drive about 12K- 15K a year. In regards to depreciation well enough said that all expensive cars take a hit. Porsche marc is a deterrent to rapid depreciation but not immune to it with that being said I think we will take a hit but not as significant as with other luxury brands. After buying Audis for over 20 years depreciation was always a factor. With Porsche I expect different. Essentially Im driving this for the long run. I believe the Boxster S has long legs, styling is comtemporary which won't get dated any time soon. I can see myself driving this car for the foreseeable future.
The car is all about driving and enjoying the handling.
Pilot2519j is offline   Reply With Quote