View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 11:39 PM   #8
Geof3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjd View Post
I see a bunch of SERVICES on the carfax, some details, some no details.... is there anyway to see service detail from 3 different states, 3 different owners? I'm reading about replacing IMS< and serpintine... wondering if any of that stuff has already been done. silly to do it twice, silly to wait for things to break and cost twice as much. Thoughts?

10k then another 10k soon after, exceeds my fun money for a joy ride car at this time.
Overall, these are great cars. They aren’t perfect cars ( are there any?) but they really are great cars. The driving experience is sublime, and bang for the buck, can’t be beat. Having said that, they are not without their potential issues. Like ANY car that is 16-17yrs old there may be deferred maintenance that needs to be taken care of. The IMS thing is what it is. For some, it’s everything, for others, no big deal. It IS something to consider as a maintenance item and can be pricy, depending. A PPI is generally a must do, but, sometimes, taking a leap of faith can be rewarding. It simply boils down to your threshold of risk. If you feel it is worth the money to step in and go for it, I say do it. But, keep in mind, things can go sideways and potentially be expensive to fix. Welcome to the world of “The Badge”!
Geof3 is offline   Reply With Quote