View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 07:22 AM   #13
Starter986
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexial View Post
Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to point out my stupidity, my lack of useful skills, and your perception of my disposable income. All very helpful!

I will certainly check out Rennlist and hope that it will be a bit more inviting and tolerant of newcomers.
Have fun at Rennlist. I find that forum to be a snorefest. I'll pass along some advice... from a few things I learned when joining this forum:

1. Search these forums before you start asking questions. Near every possible inquiry already has been asked, and answered upon this forum. While information may change because of technology... the answers are here. If you can't find your answer upon this forum...

2. Google. Ask Google. Try a few search strings. You may find your answer already exists. If push comes to shove... you cannot find an answer... or you need clarification... post your inquiry.

3. Respect those members who've been here for a while, and have many posts under their name. Once you've been here a while you'll recognize who are the "leaders", and you'll find their advice invaluable. By invaluable I mean you'll save $$$$ following their advice. That's money you can spend on your wife. Or car. Whichever comes first. No pun intended.

Factually I know I've saved greater than $5K in the 18 months I've owned my car... and thanks to this forum.

Dude... learn how to install an air filter... a spark plug... do an oil change. Google. Youtube. You'll soon realize that by doing those things yourself you're saving a lot of money.

If you've no money, you've no business owning a Porsche. Sorry. That's the hard and fast of it. Now... if you've no money for mechanical and maintenance... better get to that reading.

Finally... post a pic of your ride, Man. Let us see that beauty!

Have a great day.