View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 02:15 PM   #18
mannyd7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10/10ths View Post
....I am truly sorry.

I did not mean to come across in a mean way.

I was just pointing out that this is a 986 forum. He’s looking at a 987.

It wasn’t about shutting him out, it was intended to make him aware that this might not be the right place for info on a 987. That’s all.

I am also sorry for the word “Porsche” being capitalized, my darn phone did that automatically and I missed it.

Unfortunately, there is no tone in the printed text.

As a poor guy who never had two nickels to rub together until very late in my life, I just thought I would offer an alternative for a great sports car that would fit a limited budget better.

My Miata was my only car for over 20 years. They are awesome.

The original poster’s questions about needing a low cost mechanic, his lack of knowledge of the ins and outs of Porsches, and his query about a 987 in a 986 forum all led me to think he is tight for money. I have been tight for money all of my life. I just wanted to save him from making a financial mistake.

That’s all.

Sorry guys.

If you choose that 987, be prepared for an expensive experience.

If that’s cool, you will enjoy one amazing car. These Boxsters are incredible.

Good luck.
I'm sorry for taking your comment out of context, I've dealt with a various difficult people on car forums before so I naturally just assumed the worst. I appreciate the concern and I definitely am not into throwing money away. That being said I do OK for myself (software engineer) and am used to some more premium repairs on cars I've had. I've never owned a Porsche but I've owned a 02 Jaguar X-type , 03 Infiniti G35 Coupe, and a 06 Pontiac GTO.
mannyd7 is offline   Reply With Quote