View Single Post
Old 05-14-2004, 12:14 PM   #9
Lartymarf
Forum Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Pilot2519j
Jimmy,
My wife has an Audi Allroad. I use my Boxster as a daily driver all over NYC. Funny remark from the dealer to me was the other day was " Good you actually drive the car" not like many of the garage queens here.
Driving this auto is fun and it is the main reason why anyone would buy it in the first place. Comfortable it isn't, roomy it isn't,
quiet it isn't. Remember that the main raison d'etre for the car is PERFORMANCE, PERFORMANCE & PERFORMANCE. You want it to drive like a bat out of hell, stick to the road like glue and sound like a formula one racer. Sure there are other cars out there but for the money and the performance and handling it delivers there is no substitute for the Boxster S.
The 18" carrera lightweight alloys are part of the S package as is the traction control system.
Pilot,

Cool! Good to see you drive the car!

How many miles do you log on the car per year?
I got my M3 in March 2003, and to this day, 1 year and 2 and a half months later, I have 23k on the odo. At the rate I'm driving, if I get a Boxster, will the value DROP fast if I put a lot of miles on it?

I test drove the Boxster S about a month ago and was VERY impressed with the engineering of the Boxster. I stepped back into the M3, and although it has more HP and is blindingly fast, it felt too civilized... maybe I just havent found my soulmatecar yet.

Tks,
Jimmy
Lartymarf is offline   Reply With Quote