View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 05:15 AM   #16
Frodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
So, if you guys are finished telling particlewave that he doesn't know how to install a drain plug (have you SEEN his work? ) then perhaps a quick turn to google is in order?
A simple, single search brings up what looks to be HUNDREDS of failed, leaky LN magnetic drain plugs.
Frodo, you want to go on about sample size; looks like google has you beat.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Ummm...I'm pretty sure I never even implied particlewave didn't know how to install a drain plug. Only that there were quite possibly others out there with that issue. (Apparently/possibly, assuming your research is correct, "HUNDREDS"). i have, in fact, personally experienced pw's good work---he's helped me out on a number of occasions. He knows these cars better than I ever hope to, and I appreciate as much as the next guy that he's here. So please don't put words in my mouth.

In that I'd never had any problems whatsoever with the mag plug in my box, it never dawned on me to research ANY of this. And, as usual with such searches, it's instances where people have had problems that show up online. (There's lots of people that use brute force in situations where they shouldn't. How many of those folks used a torque wrench in replacing their plugs? I wonder..) Generally speaking, nobody posts assertions that they've never had "Problem X" before. In this case I suspect there were MANY more than "HUNDREDS" who have not.
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote