View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 07:07 AM   #23
Perfectlap

Those remind me of my BBS RK's which everyone wanted to steal off my car because they were so cool. BBS mesh look wheels and Porsche are a solid combination. Most of the factory Pcar wheels I don't like so much, look like they came off a Mazda..losing that German Race look.

I don't think 19" wheels look out of place for a 986 Boxster since the 987 and CaymanS have them and all are about the same dimensions.

BUT!!! If you are going to have wheels that big you must have full aero treatment. Otherwise it looks like a Porsche off road vehicle.
GT3 front bumper (with air spiltter) and side skirting makes the car look lower, wider and longer. You can call DPS motorsports for that factory stuff. A small operation called precisionporsche.com make the fiberglass stuff.

Also I would not lower the car unless you drive only on highways and flatlands. Your car just takes more abuse at lower ride heights, there's no debating that.
THe ride quality may feel stock but less travel absorbs less energy and it gets taken out on the car and things start to come loose and break.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote