View Single Post
Old 02-23-2019, 01:01 PM   #23
BYprodriver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eezz View Post
I know this is an old thread but I am relatively new to owning a Boxster even though it's a '99. I am hoping to get it to pass the DEQ in Washington without spending a ton of money right now because I am pretty sure I want to install a 3.4 or larger (whatever will bolt up to the 5 speed automatic transmission) at a later date but would like to be able to drive it while I am prepping for that project.

Any new developments on this issue since the last comment in 20174?

Thanks
We always appreciate readers who do a proper search before posting questions that have been discussed before, also makes it easier to find answers in the future by minimizing duplicates.

You should carefully review what will be tested at the DEQ prior to the test & address any issues 1st.
Any non-Turbo M96 engine will bolt up to your 5-speed Tiptronic & it is stronger than a manual trans. The 99-2001 3.4 engine is the most prone to premature wear so it is very hard to find a engine that doesen't need a complete rebuild. For the best trans info call California Motorsports for their input for what ever engine you will install with your 5-Speed. I have a built 3.6 engine that will fit just like your 2.5 but you would probably want to modify the cam timing for max performance & get the full 310 HP.