View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 12:07 PM   #429
Ben006
Ben-Auto-Design

Quick update !

I've hit 600km with the new plenum and throttle body.
The DME has now fully adapted to the new parts, and I have to say that I love it !

First, the sound... I still have the stock muffler, and there is more intake noise than exhaust noise !
I have a RHD Boxster, so I'm driving on the wrong side... the airbox sitting in the passenger side, previously I was not hearing much intake noise...

Now ? I love it ! The sound is louder with a higher pitch, without being annoying ! It sounds way better throughout the rev range.

In terms of performance, it took a while to adapt (no tuning done for now) but now it's a blast, with a very noticeable improvement from 2000rpm and up !
The torque dip between 3 and 4000 rpm feels better than before, the engine is pulling very strongly from down low all the way to the redline !
If I should make one complaint, is that it's a bit more linear now if you floor it from down low.

I'll try to get it tuned soon to see how much can be extracted from it, but for now, it's already a very fast 986 !

I might make one modification to the plenum, to keep the stock AOS tube.

What do you guys think ? Keep the sotck AOS tube with quick fittings, or replace it with a longer lasting, cheaper to replace but not as clean looking silicone hose ?

I like the silicone hose for it strength, but it doesn't look as clean as the stock installation with the plastic hose and Y fitting.

Ben.
Ben-Auto-Design : Performance parts for 9X6 / 9X7
1982 928 S Euro
Ben006 is offline   Reply With Quote