View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 11:22 AM   #24
BoxMann

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
You can remove those RSS LCA without too much trouble (maybe 2 hours of shop labor, most likely they are just on the front) and replace with OEM LCA (Meyle ~$100 x 2) and get a new alignment, and then sell the RSS LCA and come out decently ahead in terms of $$$. You can sell them to me, I am getting a Cayman and will be adding something similar to that one, once I get it that is ) If you are close to FL I will help you swap them out.
That thought crossed my mind -- that those parts might be valuable to a guy who tracks. Ditto for the springs, I think. Would it make sense to do that for the springs too? I don't need a lowered suspension.

Quote:
Have you done a test drive? Or is this a remote car?
The car is 900 miles away. But I was thinking of possibly just flying there on a day trip to test drive it to see how it feels, and if it's ok, maybe then do the PPI. Of course, there's more expense going that route.

With all that said, this ain't the only used Boxster S around, and I'm in no big hurry to buy one. I could buy one this week or I could buy one in two months, I don't care. This may not be worth all the bother.

Last edited by BoxMann; 02-11-2019 at 11:25 AM.
BoxMann is offline   Reply With Quote