View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 08:28 PM   #8
gti13

Thanks for all the suggestions, sorry for not updating this, unfortunately they didnt get a free lift and I got tired of waiting so figured it was already broken let me give it a shot. After watching multiple videos on youtube I jacked the car up and got working on it. Initially I couldnt quite see where the bottom below even was so thought let me yank on the AOS and it literally popped off with no effort.

Turns out maybe the clamp someone previously used was loose or not snug due to the amount of crud around it, I managed to get the new one on and was surprised to see no indentation on that bottom pipe for the clamp to grip to.

After I got everything put back together I cranked the car and left it running for a few mins and it was still smoking so removed the throttle and noticed there was alot of oil inside of here, the breather pipe, plenum and the intake mainfold so after cleaning out as much as I could took it for a drive and after about 25 miles it runs alot better with a steady idle

Got a new set of Sumitomo HTR Z III's coming in tomorrow to replace the 6 year old mismatched tires that are on there and I am hoping that will improve the ride and grip as currently its like driving on plastic wheels as it seems to have literally no grip atm

I did notice that my rev counter sits at 500rpms or so when you switch off the car and reads around 500rpms to high whilst the car is running, any ideas on how to fix this as it seems to function correctly aside from being miscalculated from zero
gti13 is offline   Reply With Quote