View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 06:26 AM   #13
husker boxster

Here are my observations based on the perpetual hunt for the next Wheeler Dealer car...

There were only apporx 5000 total 987.2 Caymans sold across the 4 yrs (base & S), so there aren't many to choose from. Prices drop significantly once you pass the 60K mi barrier. In typical Porsche fashion, 80% of the cars are silver, gray, black, or white. The other 20% are divided amongst the rest of the colors.

Here is my guestimate on the options you listed:
Cruise - 100% as it's std
Bi-xenon - 50% (not sure if the dynamic corning was std with xenon)
Sport Chrono - 35%
Sport Seats - 20%
PASM - 15%

Finding one with all these options would be rare, esp in a base. S models tend to have more options but there are fewer S models compared to base (prob 2-1 base vs S). But you probably have a better chance of finding a manual in the base.

You mentioned the race car at RennsportKC. I know you're not interested, but I know the owner Karl. He's a good guy and a very good mechanic.

There's a nice black base '11 Cayman that been for sale in the San Diego area for quite a while. Don't remember how many of the options it has but it's around 30K mi and he wants $31K. Prob a bit ambitious for a base and he may be willing to deal since it's been for sale for 6-8 mo. But for that money, you could have an 09 Box S.

Just my $.02 worth on what I've seen across the market. Hope it helps. Good luck.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)

Last edited by husker boxster; 01-29-2019 at 06:31 AM.
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote