View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 06:50 PM   #32
The Radium King

thanks. keep the updates coming. i've got my 996 intake enroute and is the final step in the de-stupification of my 3.2. i'm thinking flex drill attachment or see if my dremel with flex attachment has the cojones to do the work. the intake i have coming (thanks halo) has fuel rails for a single line system so i am watching your fuel rail conversion with interest, otherwise i hope to use a mercedes 3.8 bar fuel filter/pressure regulator to convert my two line system. a quick seach shows that there are infinite adaptors to convert our fuel lines to barbed connectors for easy fuel line installation.

also interested in the clearance issue, and whether convincing the engine bay to let the intake fit, or dropping the motor is the soln. if you do drop, think about making the change to the rennline transmission mounts; they beome just incrementally more $ than getting the 993 mounts and really improve shifter feel. they come with longer studs that will take a spacer to let you drop the transmission to match the drop at the engine mount (which will also require a spacer and longer studs or bolts).
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote