View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 01:33 PM   #26
WizardSmokey
Shapeshifting Lizard-Man

Garage
Couple of things were accomplished recently. First, we got our NRG quick-release wheel in and on. You can't see it, but the release mechanism is pink, because why not. I happened to have a spare badge laying around, and we discovered that it fit perfectly where the horn button used to be!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we made the intake:

3" all the way to the filter. Yes, that's flexible air ducting form Home Depot. For the MAF, we cut the section of the stock airbox off that it plugged into and grafted it directly in. Runs like a champ, and the sound it makes is MAGNIFICENT. Can't wait to dyno again and see if it actually helped, though I'm pretty sure it does. (I'm an engineer, trust me.)

EDIT: Oh yeah almost forgot! You can see in that image with the intake, we blocked off the small port the AOS feeds into the intake and sealed it, and ran a hose from the AOS into the trunk. Eventually, we'll put a catch can back there, but for now, it'll do. Kinda interested to see how it does, and once we know more, i'll do a bit more of an in-depth write up. I've had the damnest time getting real, solid info on the stupid thing and deleting/bypassing it. (And yes, the MAF and AOS are both sealed with FLEX SEAL. Holy ****************, that stuff is worth every penny.)

Last edited by WizardSmokey; 06-14-2019 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Forgot somethjing.
WizardSmokey is offline   Reply With Quote