View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 08:59 PM   #1
daffodildeb

Kenwood Radio problems

When I bought my Boxster, it had a Porsche radio in it with a cassette player. I don't have cassettes anymore, and I listen to audiobooks on CD as I drive. We bought a Kenwood radio from Crutchfields. My problem is that the sound doesn't come on all the time when I start the engine. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, I can see the seconds counting down on the panel, so it's playing the audiobook. Occasionally it will suddenly start playing after a few minutes, where ever it is at that point in the book, so I have to hunt for where it was when I last parked. If I turn off the radio, then restart it, cycle through all of the Pandora, local radio, etc., and get back to the CD setting, it will usually have sound immediately. I shouldn't have to do that, though

This seems like a problem within the radio itself, or the settings. The buttons are so tiny I can't read them even when parked. The instruction manual didn't help. Any idea where to start troubleshooting? I'm about ready to toss it in the trash.
daffodildeb is offline   Reply With Quote