View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 02:10 PM   #6
B6T

I am doing a similar setup while my car is down for the winter. I installed a set of Ceika coil overs this past August (Webstore Link). I suspect these are made in the same Taiwanese factory as Feal so they are probably the same thing that you're getting. The ride is very good. Don't get the pillow ball mounts unless you like loud noises.

I also purchased a set of bushings off a 'chap' in the UK by the name of Andrew Mills (eBay Page). The Powerflex set would have been way more expensive by the time it was through shipping, taxes and duties. Andrew runs a small shop and takes care to sell a quality product it seems, as he took the time to re-pour one of the bushings after he realized he could improve his design after testing on his own personal 996. I'd rather give my money to an enthusiast making a decent product out of his small shop than a larger company. His bushing set was around $250CAD by the time it was in my hands - a great savings over the Powerflex product.

That guy in the UK actually broke the front thrust arm that controls longitudinal position of the control arm/coffin arm. The bushing set he installed evidently replaced the forward ball-joint in the thrust arm... which is a totally incorrect/stupid application for a stiff urethane bushings. Which brings me to my next point...

There are two kinds of businesses:
1. Just want to sell you as much stuff as possible.
2. Only want to sell you parts that make sense to sell.

The bushing set I bought doesn't include this bushing. You shouldn't replace any ball joint on the suspension with a urethane bushing. You gain no performance advantage since a ball-joint has no flex in it in the first place. There are only detrimental effects, as the UK guy experienced. There is another ball joint in the equivalent part on the rear suspension as well - again, shouldn't be replaced with a urethane bushing.

Anyway to answer your question;
1. You're already going to be stiffening up the ride by installing coil overs, so the added NVH from non-OEM, stiffer urethane bushings will have a minimal increase on the harshness of the ride beyond that already caused by the coil-overs.
2. If your ball joints in your existing suspension arms are still good, there is no use in paying so much more for OEM replacement arms. Might as well refurb your old arms with new bushings and save some money.
B6T is offline   Reply With Quote