View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 05:13 PM   #1
rjs6ec
rjs6ec

Post fender bender body work advice

Hi Guys,

First post here looking for some advice. I bought a 2003 Boxster S with 26k miles last Spring. I've put about 10k miles on it to date and had an awesome time. Unfortunately last week I got backed into low-speed while in a parking lot.

I took what appears to be cosmetic damage to my left fender and bumper. There is a clear dent. I drive the car 40 miles home, so it otherwise seems to be in good shape.

I've never been in an accident or dealt with the process of insurance before. I had a police report filed, which I picked up today. It confirms the other driver was at fault. I called my insurance company day-of to get things started. From what I gather I shouldn't have to pay anything?

In terms of repairs, would anyone recommend going through a Porsche dealer vs. private shop? I called the local Porsche place, but they said they send their cars away to another company in PA (I'm in NJ). For regular maintenance I take take my cars to an independent mechanic with much better rates. Is Porsche likely to be over the rates insurance will pay for? I haven't gotten any quotes yet. I don't have a ton of free time.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Robby
Attached Images

rjs6ec is offline   Reply With Quote