View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 08:52 AM   #28
BoxMann

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefocke View Post
I came to a stop after a 55 mile stretch of road. Maybe 5 cars in front of me at the light. I'd admit to braking late. Box truck behind me slams on his brakes and swerves areound me. Young gal in a Hyundai behind the box truck couldn't have seen the light and slid into me. Her front end was all mashed up with radiator damage. Me not so much, just scratches visible. Damage underneath to the absorbers and crossbar. Replaced with new OEM. How fast was she going when we hit? Maybe 15? Guessing.

The repair was better than new, bumperettes painted by Eric to match.Paint a perfect match (AS).

Buyer paid my asking price which was $1k below comparables because I live in a small town and no way would I sell it to someone here, just not that kind of place and no way to really advertise it here. So a 3 line honest CL ad and it sold in 4 hours with full disclosure.
Mike, the big difference there is that you know exactly what happened. This one I'm looking at, I don't know what happened, and my Seller doesn't know what happened. All we both know is that it shows "rear end collision" on Carfax and apparently it was fixed.

My Seller was told by his Seller, "it was a very low speed parking lot bump". I gotta tell ya, I bought two used cars this year, one for myself, one for my son. Several of the cars I looked at had a damage history on Carfax. Without exception, EVERY Seller said, ""it was a very low speed parking lot bump". So while I don't think they all were lying, I also don't think they all were being truthful. And in one case, it was a dealer who INSISTED it was a "very minor collision" and claimed they know this for certain because there is no record of an air bag deployment.

So yeah, I'm a little skeptical.

Last edited by BoxMann; 12-30-2018 at 08:56 AM.
BoxMann is offline   Reply With Quote